Grecian Urns

Grecian Urns
Pastel, tempera and acrylic

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tuesday, March 25th 2008



It has been about a week since my last post. It has been a busy week, indeed. I had the pleasure of watching, photographing and drawing a woodpecker right outside of my kitchen window. He was taken with the tree and spent the better part of three days eating bugs from the bark. I enjoyed him thoroughly.


Sunday, word got around that we were cooking a ham and we ended up with nineteen people here for Easter brunch. It was great and there was a lot of other good food too. There is always a ton of good food when we all get together.


I have been working on the sea drifter with all of my pastels. I am loving this piece. I don't know what it is about the photo but it makes me feel good. Maybe it is about a good memory of the sea....I just don't know.


I am drawing it upside down to fool my mind's eye. I do believe it has helped, some. Pastels can be difficult to work with. I made the mistake of starting this piece on the "rough" side of the paper. It's okay, I will improvise.

1 comment:

PacificNorthwestPaintings said...

Looking really good, Stacey. I've finally updated my blog so if you have time to visit, fee free!
Colleen@