Grecian Urns

Grecian Urns
Pastel, tempera and acrylic

Monday, March 17, 2008

Timing is everything.



Today is Monday, March 17th. Happy St. Patrick's day! I have been steadily preparing several pieces of art for the upcoming Fusion Art Show. This will be my second time in the show.

I have been working on four different oils, two water colors and one pastel. I am trying something different on the pastel. I am drawing it upside down. The photo was taken near St. George's Island. I'm going for the negative and positive spaces and it actually seems to be working for me. I love pastels.....gives the oil paint time to dry some. The water colors, they are my kitchen art. I work on them while sipping my morning coffee. The house smells like turpentine and oil....I love that smell.

No comments: