Grecian Urns

Grecian Urns
Pastel, tempera and acrylic

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Wednesday, April 2nd



Working on this drawing has been so much fun. I will work on it upside down and soon realise how much I am drawing a shape then I'll flip it over and try to draw it right side up. My mind will tell me "what" I am drawing and I remind myself I have no clue what those things on that boat are and I go back to shapes. Strange but true but I still find myself slipping back into drawing what the object is and not so much what I see. That is usually when I am getting tired. So, I find myself making better progress drawing it upside down. It has truly been a fun drawing to do. Using the camera made it possible for me to do this. I took this photo on our trip to St. George's Island. How I do love the ocean.

2 comments:

Margaret Ann said...

A very interesting procedure...I must try it! Your results look great!

Thanks for your comments on my post...I'm glad you were able to "pop" in for a visit, :)

Mary McAndrew said...

Hi Stacey,
it's been a long time since I visited your blog, your boat looks great! Is it pastel? My favorite part is the clouds, very expressive, much more interesting than the photo from what I can see.
Mary